I missed the first half, but careerbuilder.com was way ahead of the others IMO.
The Hulu ad will probably result in a slowing down of the site, so that sucks, but a good strategy for an appropriate target.
I liked the motionography of the Coke ad with the bugs, but not the tagline which had something to do with happiness.
Cash4gold was just plain sad. They must be ballin' out of control during this economy slump. I kinda wish they would just stay on their sad little 2am time slots.
I wasn't too passionate about Godaddy.com, but they are in-house, so I won't be too hard. Just proof that sex can sell most anything.
I feel the Budweiser Clydesdales were missing something this year. It lacked a human connection.
While I thoroughly enjoyed Pepsi's Refresh Anthem, I didn't like Pepsuber. Maybe I'm the wrong target market for the second ad.
Sobe was a far miss. Sold the gimmick of 3D, but there was no real substance.
Teleflora did a good job of guilting me because I am one of those people that send "a box of flowers" and really give it no more thought. Though I will say that the "no one wants to see you naked" was a bit more than necessary.
And finally Coke. I room with a PR rep from Coke and we talked about this. I really enjoy the bugs "Heist", felt "Avatar" was too busy to get it's point across (apparently it was suppose reference how we are so absorbed with communicating impersonally, and when the two people reach for the coke at the same time, there was a personal connection), and "Mean Troy"...
"Mean Troy" was hotly contested between us. On my side, I saw the ad as taking a classic, touching commercial and totally destroying it. Why did he take the guy's shirt and give it to the kid? It doesn't make sense. My roommate tried to defend it as humor, but I held that it didn't hold to Coke's brand. He countered that it wasn't Coke, but Coke Zero. And I replied that the original ad was created by Coke of which Coke Zero really is a part of.
We came to a tentative agreement that us, as industry insiders, had more information then a regular consumer and therefore the ad might work for them.
Oh yeah, Pepsuber. I generally get put off by ads that acknowledge themselves as ads, but this one was so over the top that the joke was still pretty good.
Pepsi ads never work on me, however, 'cause I drink CoCola dammit like any self respecting ATLien should.
Welcome to the Sideshow, a blog by and for the students of the Creative Circus. Consider it our own little trading post along the side of the information superhighway. It's a place to share a brilliant ad you've seen, a piece of mind-blowing design, amazing photography, some sick new technology or anything just flat-out creative. Use it to post a helpful resource you've found or just start a discussion about anything in the creative world.
All students are welcome to read and post here. To gain authorization to post please email thecreativesideshow@gmail.com.
3 comments:
I missed the first half, but careerbuilder.com was way ahead of the others IMO.
The Hulu ad will probably result in a slowing down of the site, so that sucks, but a good strategy for an appropriate target.
I liked the motionography of the Coke ad with the bugs, but not the tagline which had something to do with happiness.
Cash4gold was just plain sad. They must be ballin' out of control during this economy slump. I kinda wish they would just stay on their sad little 2am time slots.
GE was cool looking but not memorable.
I forgot the rest.
I agree with Mind but also have to add my hates.
I wasn't too passionate about Godaddy.com, but they are in-house, so I won't be too hard. Just proof that sex can sell most anything.
I feel the Budweiser Clydesdales were missing something this year. It lacked a human connection.
While I thoroughly enjoyed Pepsi's Refresh Anthem, I didn't like Pepsuber. Maybe I'm the wrong target market for the second ad.
Sobe was a far miss. Sold the gimmick of 3D, but there was no real substance.
Teleflora did a good job of guilting me because I am one of those people that send "a box of flowers" and really give it no more thought. Though I will say that the "no one wants to see you naked" was a bit more than necessary.
And finally Coke. I room with a PR rep from Coke and we talked about this. I really enjoy the bugs "Heist", felt "Avatar" was too busy to get it's point across (apparently it was suppose reference how we are so absorbed with communicating impersonally, and when the two people reach for the coke at the same time, there was a personal connection), and "Mean Troy"...
"Mean Troy" was hotly contested between us. On my side, I saw the ad as taking a classic, touching commercial and totally destroying it. Why did he take the guy's shirt and give it to the kid? It doesn't make sense.
My roommate tried to defend it as humor, but I held that it didn't hold to Coke's brand. He countered that it wasn't Coke, but Coke Zero. And I replied that the original ad was created by Coke of which Coke Zero really is a part of.
We came to a tentative agreement that us, as industry insiders, had more information then a regular consumer and therefore the ad might work for them.
Oh yeah, Pepsuber. I generally get put off by ads that acknowledge themselves as ads, but this one was so over the top that the joke was still pretty good.
Pepsi ads never work on me, however, 'cause I drink CoCola dammit like any self respecting ATLien should.
High Life was funny too, but it reminded me of the Family Guy weather man gag in a racist kind of way.
Post a Comment